Sunday, November 21, 2010

Noah's heart...

My son, Noah was born with a life-threatening congenital heart defect called Transposition of the Great Vessel (TGV) or Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA). Essentially, his aorta was where the pulmonary artery was supposed to be and visa versa.

Skilled doctors diagnosed his condition very shortly after birth, and a skilled surgical team repaired the defect and put the vessels in their proper places when he was five days old. Needless to say, we were and are grateful.

This is on my mind because on Friday, Noah had his bi-annual check-up with his cardiologist. Everything looks great! He's healthy and his heart is working as it should be.

I'm writing this because after Noah's surgery, I spent a lot of time on the internet looking for online support groups and the like, where I might meet a mom who could tell me that her little boy had the same surgery as Noah, and now he's 12 years old and plays little league and is a "normal". I wanted to be able to connect with moms who had been through what I was going through.

So maybe there's a mom out there Googling "Transposition of the Great Vessels" and maybe you found this blog. If so, please feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment